The Continuous Automated Model EvaluatiOn (CAMEO) is a weekly, fully automated blind benchmarking experiment
of three-dimensional protein prediction servers.
The www.cameo3d.org website displays the results of the experiment for "public" servers.
Registered users participating in the experiment can in addition access to the results of "development" servers.
- The CAMEO service is provided “as is”. In no event shall CAMEO or its developers be liable for any
consequential, special, incidental, or indirect damages of any kind arising out of the use of CAMEO or its
- CAMEO is not responsible for any problems on your server. This includes overloading
the system or any other technical problems.
- CAMEO will publicly display the results of your service in the context of other results and will apply
computational tools on the results provided by your server, including, but not limited to, structure and
model comparison tools and model quality assessment.
- CAMEO reserves the right to exclude services with continued technical problems, low availability, or format
The data provided by CAMEO is licensed under the
CC BY-SA 4.0
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License,
i.e. you can copy and redistribute the models in any medium or format, transform and build upon the models
for any purpose, even commercially, under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if
changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor
endorses you or your use. When you publish, patent or distribute results that were fully or partially
based on models obtained from CAMEO, please cite the corresponding papers
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your
contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — you may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally
restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
This is a human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the
CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
What personal data do we collect?
When you visit the CAMEO website, we collect the following personal data:
- IP addresses
- Date and time of a visit to the service website
- Operating system
- Amount of data transmitted
- Email (only upon registration, validation request, or when support is requested by the user directly)
Who will have access to your personal data?
The personal data will be disclosed to: authorised staff of SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics.
Will your personal data be transferred to third countries and/or international organisations?
When publishing any results obtained from the CAMEO server or its data,
you agree to cite the appropriate references:
- Robin X., Haas J., Gumienny R., Smolinski A., Tauriello G., Schwede T. Continuous Automated Model EvaluatiOn (CAMEO)—Perspectives on the future of fully automated evaluation of structure prediction methods. Proteins. (2021), Online ahead of print. [DOI: 10.1002/prot.26213]
- Haas J., Gumienny R., Barbato A., Ackermann F., Tauriello G., Bertoni M., Studer G., Smolinski A., Schwede T. Introducing "best single template" models as reference baseline for the Continuous Automated Model Evaluation (CAMEO). Proteins. (2019), 87, 1378-1387. [DOI: 10.1002/prot.25815]
- Haas J., Barbato A., Behringer D., Studer G., Roth S., Bertoni M., Mostaguir K., Gumienny R., Schwede T. Continuous Automated Model EvaluatiOn (CAMEO)
complementing the critical assessment of structure prediction in CASP12. Proteins. (2018), 86, 387-398. [DOI: 10.1002/prot.25431]
- Haas J., Roth S., Arnold K., Kiefer F., Schmidt T., Bordoli L. and Schwede T.(2013). The Protein Model Portal - a comprehensive resource for protein structure and model information. Database [PMID: 23624946].